How SCORE helped. 

Hamid Almozaffar, the owner of Appleton Tutoring Services, LLC, is an American success story. The Fox Cities SCORE client has seen his startup grow from its humble beginnings as a hobby to a business now staffed with six highly educated tutors.

He explained, “We are very results-oriented - seeing students reach their goals. And it isn’t just scored, it is also the change in their personality and confidence. We see kids who didn’t want to do their homework to where it’s the first thing they do when they get home.”

Hamid visited SCORE for help with some of the basics and developed a business model canvas.

He then settled on a niche - hiring the highest educated (his staff holds MBAs and PHDs) to teach those who need the most help.

Tutoring is offered in the Fox Cities and Madison, and he is planning on expanding to the Green Bay/ De Pere area soon. ACT prep is about 65% of the business with the remaining 35% being subject specific.

Appleton Tutoring Services, LLC